|1959 F.G.L. (Alicante)
One of the very large number of vehicles named for the initials of its creator, this delightful little roadster was the work of one D. Francisco Gomez Lopez of Almoradi (Alicante) in Spain.
With a diploma in mechanical and electrical engineering, he ran a service and repair shop.
Construction began in February of 1958 with the creation of a tubular frame, on which were fitted a number of components from other readily available makes, such as Peugeot and Ford. A year later, a motor from the firm Iresa (Industrias Reunidas Espanolas SA) was acquired and fitted. The roadster body was fabricated in Alicante during this time.
Permits and paperwork for licensing the car took another two years to acquire, but the car was finally legal on Feb. 14, 1961. It remained in the family for the next fifteen years. By 1977 it was being used by the nephew, and was sold to D.Francisco Espanoza Mora, a used car dealer in town.
It was restored and made its debut at the 8th Trobada Internacional de Mocrocotxes de Manresa, held in 2001.
It was purchased by Bruce Weiner at that microcar show, and made its way across the ocean to become a star exhibit in the museum.
Manufacturer: Francisco Gomez Lopez, Alicante Spain
|Model: Sedan Roadster
||Motor: Iresa 2-stroke
|Years Built: 1959
||No. Cylinders: 1
|No. Produced: 1
|No. Surviving: 1
||Gearbox: 3 speed
|Weight: 250 kg
||Electrics: 6 v
||4 Wheels: 4.00 x 8"