1955 Messerschmitt KR-200
Correcting the shortcomings of the 175 was treated very seriously by Professor Messerschmitt when he gave the directive to build the new car.
It was important to be able to reuse the tried and tested tools and presses used in the 175 bodywork without major retooling and rebuilding of dies.
Success was to be found in the careful working out of the smallest details.
The new 200 had a wider track and cutaway fenders hiding a totally redesigned rubber-in-torsion suspension.
The new larger, smoother motor was rubber mounted and the drive to the rear wheel was cushioned by a tubular shock absorber.
Reverse was now electrically selected.
Inside, the luxurious cabin was trimmed to the highest standard, with a sunburst pattern stitched in the side panel and polished wood trim pieces.
The harsh chrome handlebar was replaced with an elegant ivory aircraft-style steering bar.
Plain "Standard" as well as "DeLuxe" or "Export" versions were offered.
This museum example was refurbished in Europe.
Manufacturer: Regensburger Stahl- und Maschinenbau, Regensburg, Germany