1945 Rolux Baby
In 1940, during a fiscal reorganization, New Map's founder Paul Martin found himself quietly sidelined by an ambitious Robert Robin. 1945 saw the return to small motor manufacturing, and the tiny utility truck, Solyto, put aside in favour of a reintroduction of the Baby under the Rolux name.
A sister company in nearby Clermont-Ferrand assembled the redesigned VB-60. It was now powered by an Ydral 125cc two-stroke, but the pretty body style remained essentially the same.
This car is a curious anomaly, having been acquired as a collection of parts with no provenance. There are numerous early features to be seen, such as the NewMap style badge, (but without the name), and the unusual rounded tail, rear fenders, plain dash and non-opening hood. The side door could be a later addition. It may be a pre-production example.
Manufacturer: Ste. Rolux, Clermont-Ferrand, France